Saturday, April 11, 2015

Ready to Go - Just Need to Pack

"And someday, in the midst of giving yourself in the spirit and act of volunteering, that seed will blossom into the amazing realization that this is what you were made for!"

I love this quote that Dave mentioned in his previous blog.  It is reality for me.  I went to Haiti last year for the first time.  I have not been the same since then.  I call it the week that I was "fully alive".  Doing what I was made for.  Experiencing the full range of emotions, from deep joy and heartfelt laughter to gut wrenching sobs and heartache, to bonding with people on the team I had never met before, but felt like I have known  for years, to finding within myself a compassion, love and care for others that I didn't know was there.  My heart opened to serving "the least of these" and in that I discovered that I am "the least of these". 
In one of my favorite books "Your God is Too Safe" the author Mark Buchanan describes how we each have a "holy must".  Paul says in Philippians 3:12 "I take hold of that  for which Christ Jesus took hold of me."  That is the "holy must".  What must I do  - what was I made for?  I want to "take hold of that".  I found my "holy must" in Haiti last year.  I found what I was made for.  And it has been growing within me ever since then. 
So I go to Haiti again, with an open heart to whatever God wants to do in and through me to fulfill that "holy must".  To do what I have been made for.  I am "Ready To Go - Just Need to Pack"

Kathy Witte

No comments:

Post a Comment